Are you looking for a rare opportunity to work in catering that offers sociable hours providing you with a good work/life balance?
This new and exciting role is for an individual to assist in the provision of a high quality catering service for patients, staff and visitors to the Hospice, The Mill Café & The Mill Outside, by anticipating and exceeding customer expectations. Working with the Catering team deliver portfolio of high quality catering services in keeping with its 5 star service.
To assist the Senior Chefs on duty with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items, whilst adhering to all Health and Food Safety areas of “Due Diligence” as laid out by the hospices Health & Safety & HACCP Training Documents.
- To prepare, cook and serve home-made food to meet the daily requirements of patients, staff and visitors to the Hospice and Mill Café & Mill Outside customers. This will include hot meals, soups, salads, sandwiches, desserts and specialist dietary foods, according to menu plans or daily directions.
- To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department.
- To prepare, cook and serve food required for meetings, special buffets and events, according to menu plans.
- To ensure that mis en place is completed as per daily production schedule.
- Assist with safe storage of all kitchen items rotating stock as per departmental procedure. Keep stores areas neat and tidy. Keep refrigeration and freezers organised.
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- To adhere to Health & Safety and Food Safety Regulations, Hospice and relevant external, policies, procedures, standards and codes of practice, and best practice in food handling. Undertake safe practice and methods of working to ensure that cleanliness and housekeeping are maintained at all times.
- Deliver a 5 star level of food and service to hospice patients and their families, Mill Café & Mill Outside customers, maintaining professionalism at all times
- To participate in departmental cleaning routines which will include, washing up, clearing food trays and stacker trolleys, work surfaces, the stove, oven and floors (this list is not exhaustive). Ensuring that records are kept of all regular cleaning and maintenance.
- To maintain kitchen equipment and the environment in a clean and safe condition and report any maintenance requirements to the facilities department
Applicants should have:
• Relevant catering qualifications
• Experience in the catering and hospitality sector
• Excellent customer service
• A positive attitude and be highly motivated
• The ability to work well under pressure and use their own initiative to work independently or as part of a team
We reserve the right to close the vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
We offer: –
36 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) for full time employees
8% employer contribution to a pension scheme
Free on-site parking