The promotions department is recruiting a lottery canvasser to support this important area of the charity’s work. The lottery has more than 16,000 members who pay £1 a week to play– providing a regular, sustainable income which helps fund the hospice’s specialist care.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, friendly and professional, as they act as an ambassador for this hugely respected and well-loved local charity.
Duties will include:
- Actively sell and promote the full range of lottery products available, through locations sought and supported by Head of Promotions.
- To develop lottery products within new and existing areas through door-to-door/local venues promotion.
- To work on such areas of income generation as directed by the Head of Promotions/Head of Finance and Business.
- Maintain accurate records of calls and results as required
- To ensure that whether proactively or reactively, messages about the work of St Catherine’s are communicated positive.
- Comply with the requirements of the Gambling Commission
- Complete all administration as instructed and in accordance with the rules and regulations.
- To report when necessary and review product development with Head of Promotions and Head of Finance & Business.
St Catherine’s Hospice is highly rated by the people who work here. The 2021 independent St Catherine’s staff survey found 96% of respondents enjoy the work they do and working with colleagues, and 94% are proud to work here.
Other benefits include:
- Ample, free parking in the beautiful grounds of St Catherine’s Park when based at the hospice
- Access to training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 36 days per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- An additional wellbeing day to be taken on your birthday or nearest working day
- Access to an employee assistance programme with free confidential counselling
- Access to a competitive pension scheme
- Life insurance of three times your salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eligible to apply for a blue light card which offers a host of discounts
For an informal chat please contact Cheryl Gill, Head of Promotions on 01771 695298 Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm or Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may choose to close this vacancy if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application to email@example.com as early as possible.
Interviews to be held week commencing 27th November 2023.