Senior Staff Nurse
An exciting vacancy has arisen for a senior staff nurse on the in-patient unit at St Catherine’s Hospice. If you’re caring, compassionate and committed to making a difference to local people at one of the most significant times in their life, we want to hear from you. Hear from some of our nurses below about what they love about working at St Catherine’s and why it could be a great career move for you too.
The successful candidate will be passionate about palliative care which puts each and every person and their individual circumstances at its heart. You will be interested in developing your palliative care skills further as you benefit from working alongside experienced end of life care professionals who have been serving the Central Lancashire community for more than 35 years.
St Catherine’s is proud of its commitment to developing its staff through renowned education, training and mentorship programmes, which the successful applicant will be able to benefit from as they move forward in their career. St Catherine’s will fully fund nurses that wish to do the Level 6 Palliative Care Practice university course and there will also be 50% funding for other degree modules.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to maintain an NHS pension.
- Registered on the NMC register with a minimum of 2 years post registration experience
- Be prepared to work night shifts when required, to meet the needs of the service.
- Be caring and compassionate
- Have well developed interpersonal skills
- Have or be willing to work towards a recognised qualification in palliative care
- Be enthusiastic and resourceful and keen to enhance their practice and skills
- Enjoy team working and have the ability to lead/coordinate a shift
What we offer in return:
- Commitment to training and education (e.g. the palliative care course),
- Free car parking
- Competitive salary & Pension (NHS transferrable)
- Free DBS Check
- Life Insurance
- 36 Days Holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Friendly environment
- Committed multi-professional team working
To discuss or arrange an informal visit please contact: Tracy Parkinson on 01772 629171, email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 11th July 2022
Interviews to be held on 19th July 2022
We advise creating an account on our website before starting to fill in an application form, as this will help to save your progress. Thank you for your interest in joining our team; we look forward to receiving your application.
Please forward your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
The above position is subject to enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service
Share with your friends!