The Mill is our welcoming cafe and community hub, situated in the grounds of St Catherine’s Park.
Since The Mill launched in November 2014 it has gone from strength to strength, achieving its many varied aims.
- Opening up St Catherine’s and its grounds to the public – breaking down barriers which can surround the word ‘hospice’ by making the place more accessible and familiar
- Creating a normal and welcoming environment to be enjoyed by patients, families, and members of the public
- Offering support for those facing serious illness or bereavement in a more informal way, via volunteer advisors, drop-in sessions and light-touch therapies – supporting our Compassionate Communities agenda
- Strengthening the sustainability of the hospice through profits raised from the café, long-term leases and room hire
- Encouraging new and ongoing support for St Catherine’s from customers who go on to become donors, fundraisers and volunteers for the charity
Click here to visit The Mill’s website, where you can see menus, book a table, and enquire about hosting an event at the cafe or using The Mill’s popular outside catering service for your special occasion.
The Mill Shop
Next door to our cafe is The Mill Shop, which sells a range of great-quality pre-loved goods and handmade crafts, including fashion and accessories, homeware, books, gifts, greeting cards and more.
Each winter it is transformed into a fabulous Christmas shop.
Make sure to call in next time you’re visiting St Catherine’s Park.
Secure a personal piece of history in St Catherine’s Park
Could you be a Cornerstone in the development of St Catherine’s Park for future generations?
We’re excited to have launched an exclusive membership scheme called The Mill Cornerstones for our thriving café and community hub.