- Light Up A Life
Donate to our shops
St Catherine’s is incredibly grateful for the wonderful donations of pre-loved clothes, accessories, toys, homeware and furniture that we receive.
Please click here for details about which of our shops are currently able to accept donations.
Please note the Donation Centre behind the hospice remains closed, however we host a drop-off donation point in the hospice’s car park on the first Thursday of every month, 9am to 11am.
To make arrangements for the collection of furniture, please call 07923172880.
We’re able to accept:
- Men’s and women’s clothing and shoes
- Children’s clothing, non cuddly toys and games
- Good quality furniture (sofas and armchairs must have fire labels)
- Unwanted gifts
- Books, DVDs, CDs and vinyl
- Bric a brac, crockery, glassware, bakeware, household linen and ornaments in good condition
- Good quality electrical items
- Metal which is sold for recycling
We’re extremely grateful for every donation but unfortunately there are a few items we can’t either sell in our shops or recycle. We kindly ask that the following items are not donated:
- Cuddly toys
- Video tapes
- Duvets, pillows and mattresses
- Chipped or damaged bric a brac, crockery and glassware
- Prams and highchairs
For any further enquiries please call 01772 313063. Read about how your donations help us here.
Gift aid your donations
We can make your wonderful donations go further for St Catherine’s when you gift aid them. If you’re a UK tax payer, it means we can make an extra 25p for every £1 your goods sell for.
All you have to do is complete a form when you donate your goods and we will do the rest. You can also download the form here if you’d like to fill it out in advance.
We’ll even give you a Gift Aid ‘Card for Life’ when you sign up with a unique donor ID which we can simply scan every time you donate to us.