- Light Up A Life
Donate to our shops
St Catherine’s is incredibly grateful for the wonderful donations of pre-loved clothes, accessories, toys, homeware and furniture that we receive.
Please note that we are not currently able to accept donations at all of our shops; this is because we have to quarantine donations for a set period of time before they can go on the shop floor, and we do not have the adequate storage facilities for this at many of our charity shops.
For the time being, we are only able to accept your generous donations between 10am and 2pm, Monday to Friday, at:
– The Donation Centre, behind the hospice, Lostock Lane, Lostock Hall, PR5 5XU
– Preston Superstore, Unit E, Portman Street, Guild Trading Estate, Ribbleton, PR1 5DP
– Chorley Furniture Shop, 61 Clifford Street, Chorley, PR7 1SE
There will also be a van outside our charity shop in Prospect Place, Ashton (just across the road from our Ashton book shop) on Thursdays from 10am until 3pm to accept your donations for these two shops.
Please call us on 07923172880 if you would like more details or to arrange the drop-off or collection of any furniture donations. Thank you.
What can we accept?
We’re happy to accept:
- Men’s and women’s clothing and shoes
- Children’s clothing, non cuddly toys and games
- Good quality furniture (sofas, armchairs and mattresses must have fire labels)
- Unwanted gifts
- Books, DVDs, CDs and vinyl
- Bric a brac, crockery, glassware, bakeware, household linen and ornaments in good condition
- Good quality electrical items
- Metal which is sold for recycling
We’re extremely grateful for every donation but unfortunately there are a few items we can’t either sell in our shops or recycle. So we kindly ask that the following items are not donated:
- Cuddly toys
- Video tapes
- Duvets and pillows
- Chipped or damaged bric a brac, crockery and glassware
- Prams and highchairs
For any further enquiries please call 01772 313063. Read about how your donations help us here.
Gift aid your donations
We can make your wonderful donations go further for St Catherine’s when you gift aid them. If you’re a UK tax payer, it means we can make an extra 25p for every £1 your goods sell for.
All you have to do is complete a form when you donate your goods and we will do the rest. You can also download the form here if you’d like to fill it out in advance.
We’ll even give you a Gift Aid ‘Card for Life’ when you sign up with a unique donor ID which we can simply scan every time you donate to us.