St Catherine’s Hospice is a local charity founded and built by the community, for the community.
It costs £5.2m to run each year, and just £1.7m comes from the NHS, with the rest generated through fundraising and charitable efforts.
We generate this amazing total in all manner of different ways including:
- Our own events such as the Moonlight and Memories Walk, Yellow Garden Fete, and Christmas Festival
- Events big and small that people organise or challenges they take part in on our behalf – everything from marathon runs and mountain treks to charity balls and cake sales
- Donations – whether pledged in memory of a loved one or dropped in the bucket at a supermarket collection, every penny makes the world of difference
- Gifts in wills – which fund on average the care of 1 in 6 of our patients
- Our weekly lottery – where you can win up to £2,000 whilst showing your support!
- Our 15 charity shops and Donation Centre
- Collection boxes – affectionately known as ‘St Catherine’s Cheeses’ because of their distinctive appearance – in pubs, clubs and shops across the community
- Partnerships with local businesses, schools, colleges and clubs who fundraise and spread the word about St Catherine’s Hospice across the area
- Regular giving, whereby supporters make a donation to the charity each month, helping us budget and plan for the future
- Educational courses, training and conference room hire
St Catherine’s also depends on the tireless support of a team of more than 700 volunteers, without whom it could not survive. If you’d like to find out more about giving the precious gift of your time please click here.
St Catherine’s is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and adheres to the regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice.