- Yellow Ribbons
- Light Up A Life
To assist with furniture donations, furniture enquiries, deliveries and collections we have a dedicated Furniture Hotline number – 07923172880.
The Furniture Hotline is open 10am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
For donating furniture and to speed up the process, if you could take photographs of the furniture items, highlighting any damage and either text them or WhatsApp them to the above number, a member of the hotline team will call you back to discuss further.
Alternatively you can email the photographs to email@example.com
Points to Note:
- We can only accept items of furniture that are in a re-saleable condition.
- This includes dining tables, chairs, coffee tables, sideboards, desks, bedside tables, dressing tables, wardrobes, beds, TV’s, washing machines, fridges etc.
- All upholstered furniture must have a fire label attached (refer to the section on Checking for Fire Labels for more details)
- We cannot accept:
- Upholstered furniture without a fire label
- Pre-built flat packed furniture
- Torn or stained upholstered items
- Broken electrical items i.e. fridges, washing machines etc.
- Any items in poor condition or damaged cannot be accepted as these will have to be disposed of at a cost to St Catherine’s.
- We reserve the right to refuse any items upon collection that do not adhere to the above guidelines
If you have any questions or need advice on donating furniture to St Catherine’s, please call the Furniture Hotline on 07923172880.
Checking for Fire Labels:
In order for us to sell the items that you’ve donated, some furniture items need to meet UK safety standards:
If you are considering donating upholstered or leather furniture, mattresses, divans or bed bases you must check that each one carries a fire label as this shows that it meets the required standards. We are unable to accept donations without the correct fire label which must be securely attached to the item, and each component of a set. The fire label may be on any external surface of an item including underneath removable seating and also inside cushion covers. Upholstered items have to be in a good clean condition with no rips, tears or stains as this may compromise the ignition tests.
There are two versions of an upholstered item fire label, one of which must be present to ensure that the item meets the Furniture and Furnishings Regulations.
For mattresses and upholstered bed bases, these items must also have a fire label sewn in, which refers to BS7177. This is the British safety specification for resistance to ignition of mattresses, divans and bed bases (refer to image below for details).