Dismissing the myths of hospice care
This week launches a national campaign designed to raise awareness of hospice care. Hospice Care Week runs until October 9th, with the theme – ‘Hospice Care is…’.
Hospice Care Week is an annual awareness raising week to raise the profile of hospice care across the UK.
The aim of the national campaign this year is to demolish the myths about hospice care, such as;
- It is only for the elderly
- Only those with cancer are cared for
- It is completely funded by the NHS
- Hospice care is based around a building
- Hospices only care for those in their final days
During the week, St Catherine’s Hospice nurses will be out in the community, answering any questions about hospice care. The dates and locations are;
- Monday October 3rd, St George’s Shopping Centre, Preston 10.30am-4.00pm
- Wednesday October 5th, Yorkshire Bank, Fishergate, 9.30am-12.30pm.
- Thursday October 6th, Barclays Bank, Fishergate, 9.30am-12.30pm
Share with your friends!