Latest updates from St Catherine’s Hospice as we work through the pandemic
We have been working hard at St Catherine’s to face the many challenges brought about by the COVID-19 crisis.
St Catherine’s Hospice can confirm we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 and have implemented a number of safety measures for the hospice, shops and The Mill cafe. Please, click here to read St Catherine’s ‘Staying safe statement’ document.
Each day we are keeping around 250 patients out of hospital by supporting people in their own homes, care homes and in the hospice.
Here are some of our latest updates:
– We are accommodating visiting for patients although restrictions are in place; safety measures have been introduced for the protection of patients, visitors and staff
– We are providing much more care via video and telephone but we are still visiting people at home where it is essential, and operating clinics.
– Our support team and volunteers are providing bereavement counselling and the befriending service via phone and video calls
– The Mill café is open; please click here to visit the cafe’s website to book a table and to see the latest safety measures which have been implemented
– We are opening our charity shops on a phased basis; please click here for more details about which of our shops are currently open, and please click here for information about where we are able to accept your generous donations at this time
– Wellbeing calls are being made and a food delivery service is being offered to our valued volunteers, and those who usually attend our monthly bereavement sessions
– We’re hosting our monthly carers’ support sessions remotely
– Our innovative Specialist Palliative Care Advice Line has been enhanced, allowing healthcare professionals to speak with our medical team 24 hours a day
– We’re embracing technology and offering video training from our Learning Zone at the hospice, to share our knowledge and skills with other healthcare providers
Thank you for your continued, wonderful support for your local hospice.
Share with your friends!