Sainbury’s staff take on #AirGuitarChallenge to support St Catherine’s!
Supermarket staff took on the #AirGuitarChallenge to show their support for St Catherine’s Hospice as it celebrates its 30th anniversary.
The colleagues from Sainsbury’s at Bamber Bridge got into the spirit of the hospice’s campaign and gave it all they’ve got on the air guitar – you can see them in action here.
In total they also collected an amazing £230 to support the care of the hospice.
Since the challenge was launched, #AirGuitarChallenge videos have been recorded across Central Lancashire and beyond – including two from the other side of the world in Australia.
Following in the footsteps of the #NoMakeUpSelfie and the #IceBucketChallenge, the hospice hopes their challenge will inspire the community to have fun in the name of a worthwhile cause whilst raising vital funds for the hospice.
Inspired by Status Quo’s open air Symphony at the Tower concert on Friday July 3, it was kick-started by nurses from the hospice’s in-patient unit who were filmed rocking out to The Quo classic Rockin’ All Over The World.
In line with the other-well-known charity campaigns, participants who take part in the #AirGuitarChallenge are encouraged to nominate friends, family and celebrities to help spread the word about the campaign.
Here are the five simple steps to show your support and get involved:
1. Pick your favourite tune with an amazing guitar rift or two – any type or genre of music that takes your fancy – and decide if you’re doing it solo or in a group.
2. Think about any props you might want – rock star shades? A cool dude leather jacket? A head-banging hair-do?
3. Get someone to film you playing along on your air guitar – don’t forget to include an introduction along these lines: This is my/our Air Guitar Challenge to celebrate 30 years of St Catherine’s Hospice. I’ve/we’ve donated £3 by texting Hospice Guitar to 70444. I /we nominate xxx.
4. Text HOSPICE GUITAR to 70444 to donate £3
5. Upload it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, tagging those you have nominated and ‘St Catherine’s Hospice, Lancashire’ / @StCatherinesPre in your post. Francis Rossi, eat your heart out!
Share with your friends!