Shop online and support St Catherine’s!
St Catherine’s Hospice has launched an exciting new fundraising campaign which invites people to show their support just by shopping online.
St Catherine’s has teamed up with Care2Save – an online shopping site featuring more than 2,000 retailers – to launch a £1,600 appeal to fund two new specialist recliner chairs for the in-patient unit conservatory.
The Care2Save website raises funds by donating the commission paid by the retailers to charity. Customers select their chosen to support when they shop, with 80 per cent of the commission going to them. The remaining 20 per cent goes towards supporting palliative care worldwide.
The site already hosts more than 20 million products from a wide variety of retailers – covering everyone from Topshop and Travelodge to Marks & Spencer and Boots.
The funds raised for St Catherine’s through Care2Save will be spent on two new specialist recliner chairs for the conservatory on the hospice’s in-patient unit.
The conservatory is an important place used by patients and visitors during their time at St Catherine’s. It offers a relaxing change of scenery away from the patient rooms, and gives back a sense of normality which is so important. Specialist recliner chairs mean patients can enjoy the conservatory in comfort, with the support they need.
To get shopping now, simply click here and search for us under registered charity number 512186 when you sign up.
Lorraine Charlesworth, Director of Income Generation at St Catherine’s, said: “The changing nature of fundraising has meant that we have to look at new and innovative ways to raise money.
“With online shopping growing at a staggering pace, Care2Save presents a tremendous opportunity to raise money for St Catherine’s. We encourage all of our supporters to sign up to Care2Save and start raising money to support the care we provide today.”
Share with your friends!