Support The Mill and vote for us in the Lancashire Life Food and Drink Awards
Lancashire Life magazine has launched its 2017 Food and Drink Awards, and we would love you to help The Mill be shortlisted!
The prestigious awards – now in their 21st year – celebrate great gastronomy from Lancashire’s food and drink industry, and the award ceremony is one of the biggest events in the county’s calendar.
This year, we’re hoping that The Mill café can gain some well-deserved county-wide recognition for our efforts in offering high-quality, locally sourced dishes, whilst supporting the vital work of St Catherine’s Hospice.
But we need you to show your support and vote for us!
We think there are many wonderful reasons to choose The Mill as your favourite Café of the Year, including;
- The Mill helps fund the specialist palliative and end-of-life care provided by St Catherine’s Hospice, caring for people with life-shortening illnesses across Central Lancashire, and offering emotional support to families and loved ones
- We support local farmers and food suppliers, sourcing as many ingredients as possible from Lancashire suppliers
- Our wholesome dishes are all prepared on site and are freshly cooked and baked by our talented chefs
- The Mill is more than just a café – it is also a community hub hosting activities and therapies for those with life-shortening conditions as well as the wider community, such as support sessions for carers, yoga, arts and crafts
- The outside catering arm of the café – The Mill Outside – caters for a whole host of occasions, from county shows and country fairs, to weddings and other family celebrations, as well as the hospice’s own fundraising events
- The café is run by a mix of fantastic staff and volunteers, providing local people with worthwhile opportunities for work experience, forming new friendships, and developing new skills
- It welcomes visitors into the grounds of St Catherine’s Park, helping to raise awareness of what hospice care is really like, breaking down barriers, and attracting long-term support for the charity
If you would like to help The Mill be in with a chance of being named Lancashire Life’s ‘Café of the Year’, please visit www.foodawards.lancashirelife.co.uk.
Share with your friends!