Our specialist Knowledge Exchange Team delivers high quality education through interactive training sessions. Our study sessions and courses are continually reviewed and updated, with new subjects added regularly to provide the most up-to-date guidance and expert advice, and to facilitate topical and diverse discussions amongst health care professionals.
*New session for 2023*
St Catherine’s cares for patients and families across Chorley, Preston and South Ribble who are affected by life-shortening conditions like cancer, motor neurone disease and heart failure.
This study session will focus upon the care of people living with non-malignant disease at the end of life. These diseases include:
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Heart Failure
What will I learn?
• A review of the common end of life symptoms in non-malignant diseases and how to manage these
• How symptoms in non-malignant end of life care may differ to those in malignant disease
• An awareness of Advance Care Planning
• The importance of communication skills when dealing with end of life symptoms
You may also be interested in our conference – Psychological Support in Palliative Care