Our specialist Knowledge Exchange Team delivers high quality education through interactive training sessions. Our study sessions and courses are continually reviewed and updated, with new subjects added regularly to provide the most up-to-date guidance and expert advice, and to facilitate topical and diverse discussions amongst health care professionals.
Providing appropriate non-pharmacological methods of symptom management is an important part of high quality care at the end of life. If you are looking after someone who is at the end of life and you want some support and guidance on how you can help whilst medical care arrives, you may find this course useful.
What you will learn:
• Review of the 5 common end of life symptoms
• Explore ways in which we can support each of these common symptoms
• Gain a toolkit of non-pharmacological methods of supporting these symptoms
• An awareness of advance care planning (ACP)
• The importance of communication skills when managing common end of life symptoms.